Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife, Mom, Maid, Cook, Referee, Taxi....I live the good life!

Blog Archive

Easton

Easton
Easton is the cutest little boy we know! He rightfully earned the nickname 'BEASTY' when he was a baby and it has stuck with him. He is such a sweet little mommy's boy and we are ALL at his Beck and call. Easton loves cars, snacks, and playing outside. He is talking up a storm and it seems like he learns something new every single day. He is at such a fun age. We LOVE LOVE LOVE this little guy!

Ainslee

Ainslee
Ainslee is the baby and she just turned ONE!! This child is a handful!!! She hasn't quite grown out of the difficult phase.....that she has been in since she was born, but we still find ways to find her sweet side! Hearing her baby giggles and watching her discover & learn new things make all the whininess......just a little easier to deal with. Aaaahhh, we love this Ainslee Girl!!

Avery

Avery
Oh our cute little Avery! With her blue eyes & blonde hair, she is one of the cutest 4 year olds around!! This girl is stubborn! She definitely keeps us on our toes. She is quite unpredictable, which makes for a lot of laughs! Avery is our TREAT-FREAK! We can always guess what is on her mind. My favorite thing about Avery is her smiles. She always has one for us no matter what and that makes everyones day just a little better. She attends preschool and says she doesn't like it, but secretly we know she does ;). We are so lucky to have this cute girl in our family! We can't get enough of her.

Kobe Dylan

Kobe Dylan
Kobe is our first child, born in 2004. He was 4 months early and weighed a whopping 1 lb. 4 oz.! We got to be with Kobe for 4 wonderful weeks. I feel so blessed to have been chosen to raise one of God's perfect children. We love him and thank Heavenly Father everyday that he is part of our family. We have a treasure in heaven.
Powered by Blogger.

Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Quinnlyn

Quinnlyn
Quinnie just turned 6! She is growing faster than we can keep up with! She loves going to first grade and is doing really well! She picks up on things very quickly and LOVES learning. She's seriously a sponge. Her favorite thing to do is write notes and draw pictures for her friends & family. You should see our continual stack of papers. Quinnlyn is creative & spunky & totally independant. We love her like crazy!

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Here's a Shocker!



Well, I don't have a real picture of this incident....but I am kind of glad there wasn't a whole lot to take a picture of.

So I was upstairs getting ready for the day & the girls were playing downstairs. I heard Quinnlyn say "Push it hard" but didn't really think much of it...then I heard a big BANG!!!

Quinnlyn: "Did that scare you?"

Avery (in a frantic voice): "Yes!!!"

Quinnlyn: "Are you okay?"

Avery (almost crying but too shocked): "No....I not okay"

By now I had decided something was a little wrong even though Avery wasn't actually crying. So I met them halfway down the stairs & Quinnlyn proceeds to tell me what happened.

Q: "Avery put the keys in the plug"

So I put 2 & 2 together & figured out that Quinnlyn told Avery to put my primary keys into the outlet....2 keys, one in each slot. I look at Avery's hands & sure enough her little thumb has black 'soot' on it & the skin is a little bit broken.

I went downstairs to make sure there wasn't a fire burning, & found the keys still in the plug, the key chain had been blown to little pieces & the breaker had gone out. I got the keys out & saw that they also had been a little 'charred' & one may even be unusable.

Needless to say I was furious with Quinnlyn. I had told them several times that they cannot put things in the outlets (they had been attempting it a few times the past few days). But here's Quinnlyn telling her sister to do something that she clearly knows is wrong. What a little sneak.

Avery was pretty shocked for a while...poor thing...but one thing is for sure. I don't think they will be doing that anymore.

13 comments:

Lindsey said...

thats scary! glad avery is ok.

Jamie G. said...

Whoa, that is scary! I'm so glad the breaker blew, or she could have really been hurt! Wow...glad she's okay.

Rach said...

Oh my gosh--sad! Why do big sisters have to be the stinkers?? Mine is the same way

the Corbin Clan said...

Oh Man! That is so scary! Its good to know that everything is okay though. I did that when I was 5. I remember it VERY well! :) Jerod and Haley don't try to put things in the sockets, except plugs, but that's bad enough.

Christie said...

Naughty! Why is it so fun to do things that you aren't supposed to do? Maybe next time you should tell her to do it so she won't?

Clenece said...

SCARY!!! Gotta love the peer pressure! Glad she is okay! Poor thing!

McKay and Amanda Jones said...

That is scary but I also can't help but laugh a little cause my sister did that to my brother when he was little! Happy nothing serious happened though!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! Scary. I am so glad little Avery is okay--sounds like something Colin would have had McKay do. ;)
Hope your company helps Avery (and Mom) get her mind off of it.
We miss you guys!

The Bowlers said...

Oh gosh, I'm just waiting for the day that happens to us! Poor little thing! I hope she is okay...that's scary! Atleast they know not to do it anymore...and it will make for a good story when they're older.

Anonymous said...

I love those girls! Scary though

Erin said...

Oh my... that is really scary! Carter shocked himself a couple weeks ago by playing with my flat iron, I don't really know how it happened though. Wow, glad she is okay. Kids are so scary. They do the craziest things so quickly.

Anonymous said...

How Scary!!! Glad she didnt get hurt!
Poor girl

Josh and Ashleigh said...

ooh my gosh, thats a big sister for you.