Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife, Mom, Maid, Cook, Referee, Taxi....I live the good life!

Blog Archive

Easton

Easton
Easton is the cutest little boy we know! He rightfully earned the nickname 'BEASTY' when he was a baby and it has stuck with him. He is such a sweet little mommy's boy and we are ALL at his Beck and call. Easton loves cars, snacks, and playing outside. He is talking up a storm and it seems like he learns something new every single day. He is at such a fun age. We LOVE LOVE LOVE this little guy!

Ainslee

Ainslee
Ainslee is the baby and she just turned ONE!! This child is a handful!!! She hasn't quite grown out of the difficult phase.....that she has been in since she was born, but we still find ways to find her sweet side! Hearing her baby giggles and watching her discover & learn new things make all the whininess......just a little easier to deal with. Aaaahhh, we love this Ainslee Girl!!

Avery

Avery
Oh our cute little Avery! With her blue eyes & blonde hair, she is one of the cutest 4 year olds around!! This girl is stubborn! She definitely keeps us on our toes. She is quite unpredictable, which makes for a lot of laughs! Avery is our TREAT-FREAK! We can always guess what is on her mind. My favorite thing about Avery is her smiles. She always has one for us no matter what and that makes everyones day just a little better. She attends preschool and says she doesn't like it, but secretly we know she does ;). We are so lucky to have this cute girl in our family! We can't get enough of her.

Kobe Dylan

Kobe Dylan
Kobe is our first child, born in 2004. He was 4 months early and weighed a whopping 1 lb. 4 oz.! We got to be with Kobe for 4 wonderful weeks. I feel so blessed to have been chosen to raise one of God's perfect children. We love him and thank Heavenly Father everyday that he is part of our family. We have a treasure in heaven.
Powered by Blogger.

Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Quinnlyn

Quinnlyn
Quinnie just turned 6! She is growing faster than we can keep up with! She loves going to first grade and is doing really well! She picks up on things very quickly and LOVES learning. She's seriously a sponge. Her favorite thing to do is write notes and draw pictures for her friends & family. You should see our continual stack of papers. Quinnlyn is creative & spunky & totally independant. We love her like crazy!

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Latest on this Baby


The best news is that I am STILL pregnant! Yay! Today I am 24 weeks and 2 days (every day is important). Twenty-four weeks is a milestone, because if I were to have this baby, he would be viable (meaning he has a chance of survival).

No Labor and Delivery visits since Christmas Day, but I have been having contractions like no other. Not painful ones though. They come about 2 minutes apart for a good 2 hours, and then taper off to about 15 within an hour. It's a little nerve-wracking to say the least. Read any pregnancy book or talk to any doctor, and it/they will say more than 6 an hour is too much. I've been trying to ignore them but it isn't easy when all I do is lay here all day long. The doctor's remedy for my contractions is bedrest (yes, I am officially on bedrest), a daily does of 'Pro-cardia' (a calcium blocker), lot's of fluids, and an empty bladder. Put 3 of those together, and they are pretty contradicting. MORE FLUIDS=MORE TRIPS TO THE BATHROOM TO KEEP MY BLADDER EMPTY, WHICH MEANS I AM UP AND DOWN EVERY 10-20 MINUTES.

If you'd like to follow my cervix (which is what we're following right now), two weeks ago I measured 4.5cm, last week I was down to 3.5cm (a whole cm less in 4 days), and today I am at 3.4cm. What a relief for me this week. I was sure these contractions were causing a lot of trouble, but I'm glad I was wrong.

I see my doctor every week now along with the weekly cervical checks.

That's it....in a nutshell...each day is one more closer to a healthy baby. I just wish the days would go by a little bit quicker.

7 comments:

Clenece said...

Thanks for the update. I was actually thinking of calling you today and finding out what was going. Hopefully you keep that baby COOKING for at least 10 more week!

I am so sorry for the bed rest news. NO fun with 2 ACTIVE busy girls.

Best of luck and take it easy!

Candace said...

I love following your cervix!! I don't think I've ever felt closer to you than I do now. lol :)

Man. Bedrest. UGG. I'm sorry. :( As soon as Carter is a little older I would love to take your kids off your hands some afternoon! Maybe like from 3-6 pm? I'll be in touch with you about it around the beginning of February.

Lindsey said...

oh my goodness! bedrest! I definately can bring you guys dinner and watch the girls for you once the boys are back in school! I will call you for sure to set it up. good luck trying to lay low!

Anonymous said...

Wow you better take it easy! I can't believe all the contractions.

Dee said...

YAY for 24 weeks and you look FANTASTIC!!! I"m sorry about the bed rest though-not much longer!

Erin said...

Oh no! I haven't been able to keep up on blogging since my baby was born, but I sure hope you the best. How scary. Take it easy!

McKay and Amanda Jones said...

Cute baby bump!!! You are so cute pregnant! We are praying for you!!! Good luck!!!