Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife, Mom, Maid, Cook, Referee, Taxi....I live the good life!

Blog Archive

Easton

Easton
Easton is the cutest little boy we know! He rightfully earned the nickname 'BEASTY' when he was a baby and it has stuck with him. He is such a sweet little mommy's boy and we are ALL at his Beck and call. Easton loves cars, snacks, and playing outside. He is talking up a storm and it seems like he learns something new every single day. He is at such a fun age. We LOVE LOVE LOVE this little guy!

Ainslee

Ainslee
Ainslee is the baby and she just turned ONE!! This child is a handful!!! She hasn't quite grown out of the difficult phase.....that she has been in since she was born, but we still find ways to find her sweet side! Hearing her baby giggles and watching her discover & learn new things make all the whininess......just a little easier to deal with. Aaaahhh, we love this Ainslee Girl!!

Avery

Avery
Oh our cute little Avery! With her blue eyes & blonde hair, she is one of the cutest 4 year olds around!! This girl is stubborn! She definitely keeps us on our toes. She is quite unpredictable, which makes for a lot of laughs! Avery is our TREAT-FREAK! We can always guess what is on her mind. My favorite thing about Avery is her smiles. She always has one for us no matter what and that makes everyones day just a little better. She attends preschool and says she doesn't like it, but secretly we know she does ;). We are so lucky to have this cute girl in our family! We can't get enough of her.

Kobe Dylan

Kobe Dylan
Kobe is our first child, born in 2004. He was 4 months early and weighed a whopping 1 lb. 4 oz.! We got to be with Kobe for 4 wonderful weeks. I feel so blessed to have been chosen to raise one of God's perfect children. We love him and thank Heavenly Father everyday that he is part of our family. We have a treasure in heaven.
Powered by Blogger.

Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Quinnlyn

Quinnlyn
Quinnie just turned 6! She is growing faster than we can keep up with! She loves going to first grade and is doing really well! She picks up on things very quickly and LOVES learning. She's seriously a sponge. Her favorite thing to do is write notes and draw pictures for her friends & family. You should see our continual stack of papers. Quinnlyn is creative & spunky & totally independant. We love her like crazy!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Ten time-saving tips to make your life as a busy mom easier

As a mom, I have a to-do list. Sometimes it gets done, most of the time, I do what I absolutely HAVE to and postpone the rest. Here are a few tips that save me time so I can make the most of my To-do list:

  • Make a list- I enjoy making lists and this tip probably helps me the most. Whether it is a grocery list, a cleaning list, a packing list, or general to-do list, they seem to give me motivation. Crossing things off my list helps me feel like I am making progress. I even have started a binder full of different list papers (blank) so I can always have them available (blank paper isn’t as fun Winking smile).
  • Map it out- If I have a lot of errands to run, I always try to do them all on the same day & I also ‘map-out’ my route.  I live in a pretty big city so I always decide which part of town I should go to by what stores are the closest together. To save time (and gas) I can’t drive all over trying to get my errands done. I try not to get picky about which stores I go to…..if I need to go to a craft store & the grocery store, I go to a part of town that has those type of stores close together. I don’t enjoy running errands with 3 kids, so this tip is important so I don’t spend all day trying to get things done.
  • Cook Extra- I have just recently started doing this one. There are a lot of nights that I don’t get dinner done because I didn’t have time. There are also a lot of nights I don’t get dinner done because I just didn’t feel like cooking. This tip helps with both of those. I just make a double batch of dinner or breakfast & then I freeze the second batch. It’s so easy to pop it into the oven for a quick but still homemade meal.
  • Wake up early-This one is not fun, but it can really make a difference. If I can drag myself out of bed before my kids wake up, there are a lot of things I can do uninterrupted. I
  • Avoid peak hours-Hit the stores when they are least likely to be busy. I have found grocery stores to be pretty empty in the morning (before 10 am) so that is when I prefer to go. Ask your cashier when their slowest time is the next time you shop, you will be glad you did.
  • Delegate- I know it’s sometimes easier to do things yourself, because it gets done right! However, your children can learn how to do things correctly. Give them a responsibility and let them save you some time.
  • Avoid distractions- You know if you turn on the TV or check your email, you will be stuck there for longer than you expected.
  • Trade-off- Do you have a friend who would trade-off with baby-sitting? Let them watch your kids while you run errands or clean your house. Your kids will thank you & you will get so much more done.
  • Shop online-This will save you time & gas money. Just think about it…..no kids, no opening/closing hours, no walking…..it is such a great way to get things done!
  • Don’t sweat it- I know some of you out there can do EVERYTHING, but I am not that person. I do my best, & I try not to worry about what I didn’t get to. There is always tomorrow and lucky for me, I don’t many unannounced visitors so it isn’t crucial for me to have my floors vacuumed every day!

Being a mom is time-consuming, but hopefully you can find ways to get everything done while still having a little ‘YOU-TIME’!!

*I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Starbucks blogging program, for a gift card worth $30. For more information on how you can participate, click here.

1 comment:

Apron Appeal said...

Hey, I do those things! I've been trying to delegate my cake decorating to you, but you just wont go for it. I finally found someone who would do it though. Yay!