Ainslee. Oh Ainslee. I am speechless. I know she isn't the worst baby that anyone has ever dealt with, but it sure feels like it during those frequent times she cries....and cries....and cries. She is so high maintenance!!
Here is why:
- She has never laid on the floor longer than 5 minutes without crying.
- She wants to be held ALL the time if she is awake.
- When she is being held, she wants to bounce, pace, walk around, etc. constantly.
- Often times, even being held doesn't help.
- We haven't found any sure thing that keeps her happy.
- She only sleeps in her swing & bouncer.
- She has been refusing to nurse for several daytime feedings so I have to pump and then feed it to her with a bottle.
- Sometimes she will be sleeping just fine in our arms and the SECOND we put her down, her eyes are WIDE open.....and then she begins to cry.
- She hates laying back and always wants to sit up.
- She gags if we try giving her a pacifier.
- She cries almost constantly between 8 pm and 10 pm no matter what we do.
- I thought we were finally figuring out a schedule, but she decided this past week that she doesn't want anything to do with it.
On the other hand:
- Her mornings are her most pleasant time.
- She is smiling often and it melts all of our hearts. I live for those smiles. They remind me to enjoy her while I can!!
- She coos & talks
- She sleeps decent at night, eating once between 3am & 5am then sleeps until 8:30 am when I wake her up to take the kids to school.
- She is getting stronger and is able to hold her head up well and stands like a champ.
- Easton loves her so much and often stops what he is doing to pet her head and baby talk her.
Other things at 3 months:
- She has tiny little feet that I just love.
- Her toenails don't really grow. I have only cut her big toenails once since she was born.
- Her finger nails grow pretty slow
- She wears 0-3 months, but can wear 3-6 months even if it is a little big on her.
- Still size 1 diapers.
- Favorite outfit is anything I can pair with leggings. And her lace tights got rave reviews too :).
- Her face is so round, but she isn't chunky at all. No rolls at all.
- Her hair hasn't started falling out (crossing fingers that it never does)
- Her eyes are getting more blue as the days go by.
- She loves our black lamp in the corner of our living room and smiles at it all the time. In fact, her first smile was at that lamp. She also loves the black picture frame above our couch.
- She's cute as can be (not sweet) and I am loving the lace, bows, and leggings that I get to dress her in.
- Nicknames: Ains, Lady Girl, Sweety-Girl, Cutey-Girl, 'Your child' (when it is Brett's turn to hold her---haha)
Enjoy some pictures of Ainslee....not crying :)
We love our Ains!!