About Me

My photo
Wife, Mom, Maid, Cook, Referee, Taxi....I live the good life!

Blog Archive


Easton is the cutest little boy we know! He rightfully earned the nickname 'BEASTY' when he was a baby and it has stuck with him. He is such a sweet little mommy's boy and we are ALL at his Beck and call. Easton loves cars, snacks, and playing outside. He is talking up a storm and it seems like he learns something new every single day. He is at such a fun age. We LOVE LOVE LOVE this little guy!


Ainslee is the baby and she just turned ONE!! This child is a handful!!! She hasn't quite grown out of the difficult phase.....that she has been in since she was born, but we still find ways to find her sweet side! Hearing her baby giggles and watching her discover & learn new things make all the whininess......just a little easier to deal with. Aaaahhh, we love this Ainslee Girl!!


Oh our cute little Avery! With her blue eyes & blonde hair, she is one of the cutest 4 year olds around!! This girl is stubborn! She definitely keeps us on our toes. She is quite unpredictable, which makes for a lot of laughs! Avery is our TREAT-FREAK! We can always guess what is on her mind. My favorite thing about Avery is her smiles. She always has one for us no matter what and that makes everyones day just a little better. She attends preschool and says she doesn't like it, but secretly we know she does ;). We are so lucky to have this cute girl in our family! We can't get enough of her.

Kobe Dylan

Kobe Dylan
Kobe is our first child, born in 2004. He was 4 months early and weighed a whopping 1 lb. 4 oz.! We got to be with Kobe for 4 wonderful weeks. I feel so blessed to have been chosen to raise one of God's perfect children. We love him and thank Heavenly Father everyday that he is part of our family. We have a treasure in heaven.
Powered by Blogger.

Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones


Quinnie just turned 6! She is growing faster than we can keep up with! She loves going to first grade and is doing really well! She picks up on things very quickly and LOVES learning. She's seriously a sponge. Her favorite thing to do is write notes and draw pictures for her friends & family. You should see our continual stack of papers. Quinnlyn is creative & spunky & totally independant. We love her like crazy!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Easton's Story (written a few days ago)

Here's how it went down (with some detail because I want to remember---so if you don't care to hear about it, you may want to skip this post)......

We left for the hospital to start my 6 pm induction. I was 40 weeks and 5 days pregnant. It didn't seem be having a planned delivery. Even walking into the hospital, it was hard to believe we would soon have a new baby!!! Anyway, we got up to the L & D floor & they got started right away. They checked my cervix first, to decide if we needed to use the Cervidil (cervix ripener) or if we could skip straight to Pitocin. Well, believe it or not I HAD NOT CHANGED!!!! I was still dilated to a 1-2 & 50% effaced. I was totally shocked....I was sure I had made some progress. So they placed the Cervidil (which hurt like CRAZY!!!!), started a saline lock, and left me for the night with the intent to start the pitocin the next morning. It was about 7:30pm by that time. Brett flipped on the TV & we just hung out.

At 10pm I started having regular contractions about 7 minutes apart. I was pretty excited because hopefully it meant things were getting started. My pain was about 2 or 3 on a scale of 10. At about 11pm I decided to get some sleep before the contractions got harder & closer. Somewhere around 11:30 I got up to use the restroom. By the time I made it back to my bed, the contractions were pretty hard and about 2 minutes apart. I gave in & told Brett to go tell the nurse I wanted an epidural. The nurse came in to check me & I was a 7-8. Not a minute later (seriously) I needed to push. I honestly had no control over it. She checked me again & I was complete and Easton's head was right there. It was at that point I realized I was NOT getting the epidural (yet again) and I wondered WHAT IN THE HECK WAS I THINKING!!!!! The nurse grabbed the on-call doctor while I was pushing. Brett said the doctor barely got his gloves on before catching Easton. I think the only thing that kept him in for the 5 pushes was the fact that I was laying on my side....because I wouldn't turn onto my back. The minute I turned onto my back he was born. It was 12:29 am.

Easton weighed in at 7lbs. and is 21 inches long. BUT, his weight is down to 6lbs 10 ounces, which leads the doctors & nurses to believe that the first weigh in was wrong. He looked less than 7lbs to me from the beginning.

So I went from a 1 to a 10 in about 2 hours. It was crazy. About as crazy as Avery's birth. The only difference was I didn't have back labor, so I had some relief from the pain between pushes. That was HEAVENLY and much needed to gain my composure for the next contraction.

So I learned a few things from this birth.

1- It's a GOOD THING I was induced. I wouldn't have made it to the hospital had I gone into labor on my own

2- My natural birth preparation with HYPNOBABIES didn't help me much. I won't say at all, but certainly not like I had hoped for. Of course, by the time I needed it, everything went so I didn't really have a chance to use it.

3- I will NEVER go natural again. I thought I could do it if I was prepared, but it was just as bad as the first time. It's a darn good thing it doesn't last long!!! Sorry, but I cannot lie.

4- Get the epidural while the contractions are not painful. was all worth it, because we have this little guy:



Erin said...

He is adorable! All that hair. Wow. Did your girls have that much? I can't believe how fast you had him. At least it was fast going natural. Well... congratulations!!!!!!!

Candace said...

HOLY CRAP! 1-10 in 2 hours???!! That is crazy. Hypnobabies didn't work for you 'cause, like you said, you didn't even have time to even THINK about using it!! The key to it is getting your mind focused just didn't have time to do that. Sorry if it let you down. I hope your faster recovery made it at least a little worth it. But you are right...CUTE babies make it all worth it!

Josh and Ashleigh said...

He is so adorable! So much hair:)

Dave and Natasha said...

Yay, congrats! I can't believe how small he was for you being late! You must just have little babies! Lucky girl! He's such a cutie, love all his hair! Glad things went good, even though you didn't have much time to prepare!

Jeff and ReAnn said...

Wow Kim your birth stories are unbeatable. I say it worked out just perfect. He is so beautiful. Good Job!

we are GIBSON said...

WOW! That's fast!

Cute boy, cute name, and look at all that hair!


McKay and Amanda Jones said...

He is way cute we can't wait to meet him! Love the name!!! We are happy everything is going well!

Clenece said...

I can't believe you didn't get an epidural!! I thought for sure you would have had time. OUCH!! Good thing it went SO fast! Better luck next time. lol.

He was so tiny really for being so late.

JustJenn said...

Whoa! Check out all that cute fuzzy hair!
What a handsome man you created! Conrats & Best Wishes!