Pages

About Me

My photo
Wife, Mom, Maid, Cook, Referee, Taxi....I live the good life!

Blog Archive

Easton

Easton
Easton is the cutest little boy we know! He rightfully earned the nickname 'BEASTY' when he was a baby and it has stuck with him. He is such a sweet little mommy's boy and we are ALL at his Beck and call. Easton loves cars, snacks, and playing outside. He is talking up a storm and it seems like he learns something new every single day. He is at such a fun age. We LOVE LOVE LOVE this little guy!

Ainslee

Ainslee
Ainslee is the baby and she just turned ONE!! This child is a handful!!! She hasn't quite grown out of the difficult phase.....that she has been in since she was born, but we still find ways to find her sweet side! Hearing her baby giggles and watching her discover & learn new things make all the whininess......just a little easier to deal with. Aaaahhh, we love this Ainslee Girl!!

Avery

Avery
Oh our cute little Avery! With her blue eyes & blonde hair, she is one of the cutest 4 year olds around!! This girl is stubborn! She definitely keeps us on our toes. She is quite unpredictable, which makes for a lot of laughs! Avery is our TREAT-FREAK! We can always guess what is on her mind. My favorite thing about Avery is her smiles. She always has one for us no matter what and that makes everyones day just a little better. She attends preschool and says she doesn't like it, but secretly we know she does ;). We are so lucky to have this cute girl in our family! We can't get enough of her.

Kobe Dylan

Kobe Dylan
Kobe is our first child, born in 2004. He was 4 months early and weighed a whopping 1 lb. 4 oz.! We got to be with Kobe for 4 wonderful weeks. I feel so blessed to have been chosen to raise one of God's perfect children. We love him and thank Heavenly Father everyday that he is part of our family. We have a treasure in heaven.
Powered by Blogger.

Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Quinnlyn

Quinnlyn
Quinnie just turned 6! She is growing faster than we can keep up with! She loves going to first grade and is doing really well! She picks up on things very quickly and LOVES learning. She's seriously a sponge. Her favorite thing to do is write notes and draw pictures for her friends & family. You should see our continual stack of papers. Quinnlyn is creative & spunky & totally independant. We love her like crazy!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

How Did This Happen


Quinnlyn started school yesterday. She's a big first grader which means FULL DAY for us!!! Yipee!! I am still trying to figure out how she grows up so quickly.


Having her go to First grade was harder on me than kindergarten. Our school district has money issues so there are no buses this year and that has made for a very chaotic drop-off & pick-up situation. Kids don't walk to school out here (no sidewalks) so there are hundreds of cars trying to get there kids to school. We weren't allowed to walk our kids to their classroom the first day (although we did go a few days before so she could see where to go) and it just made me sad. Here she is in a big school & she didn't really remember how to get to her classroom and all I could do was tell her to 'Go right & then right again & then look for your teachers name on the door'.

She did great though. Made it to her classroom, made it through lunch, & made a few new friends. I love that she is confident & not afraid to try new things....something that I NEVER was until I was out of high school. She is my favorite 6 year old!!




4 comments:

Brinlee said...

OH MY GOODNESS! She's GORGEOUS!! I LOVE her style!! Love it! I'm seriously bummed out that you didn't get to walk her to class. I think I would have freaked out a little. Sad.

Just wanted to let you know I'm still reading your blog. I still wish we could hang out and I could get to know you again and get to know your girls. I still think about you every time I pass your parents house and wonder if you wish you could live in Santa Clara again like I do. Keep blogging. :D

Unknown said...

Could you come convince Kennedy to actually do something with her hair? She only likes it "all down." No cute clips, headbands, ect.
I can not believe you couldn't walk your kids to their classroom; that is absurd. I wonder if any kids got lost (of course Quinnie wouldn't, she is too smart :)

[tai] said...

oooooo Quinnlyn style!!!

Clenece said...

She looks so cute in that picture!!! You have great taste...wanna dress me too.lol